Threadlocking Adhesive – low strength. Easy disassembly. Suitable for all metal threaded assemblies.
LOCTITE 222 Threadlocker
LOCTITE 222 is a low-strength threadlocker that allows the adjustment of screws including countersunk head screws and set screws. Good on low-strength metals which could fracture during disassembly, e.g. aluminum or brass. The product works on all metals, including passive substrates such as stainless steel, aluminum and plated surfaces. t is proven to be tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils, e.g. motor oils, corrosion prevention oils and cutting fluids.
- Ideal for low-strength threadlocking of adjusting screws, countersunk head screws and set screws
- Prevents loosening on vibrating assemblies, e.g. pumps, gear boxes or presses
- Permits disassembly with hand tools
- Especially suited to small thread sizes
|1,200 ~ 3,500
N.m / lb.in.
|6 / 53|
N.m / lb.in.
|4 / 35|
|Temp. Range(℃)||-55℃ ~ 150℃|
(Fixture / Full Cure)
|10 min. /24 hrs.|
|Primers||T or N|
|Agency Approvals||✽Mil-Spec(S-46163A) TYPE II, Grade M|
- With Loctite Primers, it can fill larger gaps.
- The screws fixed by the high-strength screw fixing agent can be removed by heating or by using a large torque.
- Before use, clean the next part with a rag or steel brush; if there is oil stain, be sure to remove the oil stain first.
- If it is a blind hole, it is more appropriate to apply glue to the hole.
- If the joint length is long, glue should be applied to the screw and the hole.